12:30 – 5:30 pm
Scheduling conflict? – Register anyway, and we’ll email you the recording afterward! These webinars will be available on-demand following the live broadcast to those who register prior to October 28th!
All proceeds to benefit legislative advocacy for Connecticut Community Associations.
$50 – CAI Members (when you sign into your profile before registering)
$75 – Non-Members
Approved for 4 Continuing Education Credit
12:30 pm – Hopin Virtual Venue Opens
12:30 pm – Visit with fellow attendees in one of our Conversation Cafés
1:00 pm – Welcome – Scott J. Sandler, Esq., CCAL – Sandler & Hansen, LLC – Chair Legal Symposium Committee
1:05 pm – Legislative Update – Chas A. Ryan, Esq. – Pilicy & Ryan, PC – Chair Legislative Action Committee
1:20 pm – SESSION A
- How to prevent the 1% from controlling the 99% in Communities. Speaker: Andrea Dunn, Esq. – Bender, Anderson and Barba, P.C.
- The Surfside Collapse – Is it Time to Freak out? Speakers Michael Feldman, Esq. and Kelly Freitas, Esq. Feldman, Perlstein & Greene, LLC and Russ Fernandes, Becht Engineering, BT, Inc.
- “Granny Dumping” Speaker: Gregory McCracken, Esq. – Jacobs, Walker, Rice & Barry, LLC
2:20 pm – SESSION B
- Smoking/Pot Legalization and Restrictions & Fires – Chas Ryan, Esq. – Pilicy & Ryan, PC & Karl Kuegler, Jr. CMCA, AMS, PCAM – Imagineers, LLC
- Minutes – Ron Barba, Esq. – Bender, Anderson & Barba, PC.
- Capital Projects/Association Loans/Reasonable Reserves – Bill Ward, Esq. – Ackerly & Ward
3:20 pm – SESSION C
- D&O and Cyber Liability – Carrie Mott & Dave Pilon, CIRMS – Bouvier Insurance
- Noise and Noise Control Rules and Ordinances – Brian Smith, Esq. & Charles Janson, Esq. – Robinson & Cole, LLP
- Association’s Toolkit: Rules, Policies, and Resolutions that Most Associations Must Have – Scott J. Sandler, Esq., CCAL – Sandler & Hansen, LLC
4:20 pm – SESSION D
Civility in Condo Governance – Andrea Dunn, Esq., Karl Kuegler, Jr., CMCA, AMS, PCAM; Scott J. Sandler, Esq.; CCAL; Mark Sperry; Rich Wechter, CMCA